tonight I made Chocolate Chip Swirl Cake! it is probably the most amazing cake ever and I love it!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk and semisweet chocolate)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- water, oil, eggs the cake mix requires
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously grease, or spray with baking spray with flour, bottom of 13×9-inch pan.
- Make cake mix as directed on box. Stir in the 1 cup chocolate chips. Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Pour remaining batter into pan. Stir chocolate syrup into reserved batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls randomly in 8 mounds in pan. Cut through batters in S-shaped curves. Turn pan one-fourth turn; repeat.
- Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of chocolate comes out almost clean. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Stir remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips into frosting. Spread frosting over top of cake; drizzle with additional chocolate syrup. Store loosely covered.
the original recipe came from here. I kind of made it my own way (used yellow cake mix because I hate egg whites, and I used more chocolate chips than it calls for). It is positively yummy.