Last night I made this delicious Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake! Now the recipe calls for you to make your own cookie crust and then to bake the cheesecake in a spring-form pan, well I didn’t have a spring-form pan, nor did I have any desire to make my own crust, so instead I put it in a pre-made cookie pie crust. This was an absolutely wonderful way to do it (more like a pie than an actual cheesecake), but I then had enough cheesecake mix left over that I got 6 regular cupcake size cheesecakes out of it! Next time I’ll try it in the spring-form pan like it says, but for doing it the wrong way, it turned out pretty well! And then we topped it with whipped cream, because nothing in this family is complete without whipped cream.
Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, melted, slightly cooled
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 min. to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.