So, I loooove Chipotle! Like, love it. It’s an addiction that an old high school teacher of mine, the wonderful Molly Stillman, got my hooked on during my senior year of high school. Now normally I order the same thing when I go there: Chicken Soft Tacos, and I love them, but I may have to start branching out to the burrito bowl after trying this recipe at home! This was probably one of the most amazing things I’ve ever had and I couldn’t get enough. We had it set up as a make-your-own-bowl type thing and everyone but my mom put everything together and devoured it! It was just that good! The original recipe can be found here. It called for a can of diced tomatoes, but we found that fresh tomatoes worked just fine (especially since we grow our own tomatoes and have them coming out of our ears). It also called for things like guacamole and seasonings, but we didn’t use any of that.
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (14 oz.) can black beans
- 1 c. sour cream
- fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can corn
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz.) Taco rice
- shredded lettuce
- 1-2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Shred the chicken, add taco seasoning, set aside.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the box.
- Heat on medium-high heat a large frying pan; add 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook together.
- Open the cans of black beans and corn and put in small bowls (I recommend heating them up).
- Once chicken and rice are done, you can start plating.
- In a bowl or on a plate (a bowl works better), place lettuce, rice, chicken, and then add toppings of your choice.